Friday, January 13, 2012

My Top 5 In College Football For Next Year

   I know it's ridiculously early but everybody else is already coming out with their top teams for next year, so here are my top 5:  
  1. Alabama
  2. LSU
  3. Oregon
  4. OU
  5. USC
   The thing these teams all have in common is that, while they're losing a few pieces from this year, they're also replacing them.  These teams don't rebuild, they reload.  All of them have talent waiting to step up and I don't expect them to miss a beat.  All of them are expected by most of the experts to be as good, or in Oregon's case, better than this year.

3 comments:

  1. Now that I posted my top 5 for next year, here are my most overrated: Florida State, Notre Dame, Kansas State, and Stanford. The first two are perennially overrated each year, Kansas State will beat up on a bunch of patsies again, only to lose 2-3 games in conference play, and Stanford because it'll be another year removed from Harbaugh. Harbaugh's players are slowly moving on, including Luck...which is HUGE. Now they did pick up a good recruit in Barry Sanders Jr., but how good is the O line gonna be? They lose their top 2 starters to the NFL also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not so sure, frankly, that USC won't be the #1 team next year. Tons of talent. Barkley is a certain top three Heisman candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They certainly have a case, but you know it's all about the SEC. And my view usually has always been, the defending champs should be #1 until somebody knocks them off. Unless its painfully obvious that there is such a drop off from the previous year. Case in point, I didn't have Auburn anywhere NEAR my top 10 for this year.

    ReplyDelete