Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Today's Rants: Blazers/Lakers, Kobe, Nets/Knicks...more

Embarrassing performance by the Blazers last night. Told you all Kobe would go off. See that's what a killer does - greats like MJ - they use little things like Kobe did the other night after that loss to the Suns, to wake the team up, bring 'em out of a funk, and motivate themselves...only to take it out on their next opponent. Unfortunately for the Blazers, they were in Kobe's cross-hair. Lakers got out to a 37-7 lead and never trailed. You all mock Kobe, but if Portland had a leader like him in their locker room, maybe things would be different?

Speaking of the Blazers, they look to rebound tonight in the RG as they host the red-hot Spurs, who come in having won 12 in a row.

Last night in the battle of the Hudson River rivalry, D. Will was clearly motivated and went off on the Knicks. Tired of hearing all this Jeremy Lin talk (where the phenomenon known as Linsanity started a month ago) showed that he's still the best PG in Gotham, by putting in 38 points. Thing is, what does this say about him and the Nets (who have one of the worst records in the league)? Why can't they play like this every night?

Just a reminder - today is day 3,309 of the fraud of a system in college football known as the BCS. It'll continue to be a fraud until the neanderthals that run college football do something about it.

Now I'm just gettin' warmed up! I could continue...baseball's startin, NFL draft is around the corner, you got the civil war this weekend...but I think I'll save my ammo for now. Time to do some Duck writing!

1 comment:

  1. If you're wondering why I may sound so fired up, it's because today is my birthay! Speaking of my birthday, I look damn young for my age. You wouldn't know it, but I'm older than LeBron James and Greg Oden. Between Oden's knees, and James' reseeding hairline...they act and look older than me!

    ReplyDelete